For this escape room project, I was teamed up with a couple of talented Middle School teachers: Stephanie Flynn, and Mary Jose. Together we created an educational zombie-themed escape room. The lesson allows the middle school math students to apply their learning. We used a google site to host the escape room, so that students would be able to access it from their respective classrooms. After “brainstorming” how to apply math lessons in a zombie apocalypse scenario, I went to work on getting the visuals squared away.
The final product can be viewed/used here: Brain Eaters vs. Brain Beaters.
Below you will see some of the visual elements I created for our project.
- Propped, staged, and photographed the room and its artifacts
- Created a “scary” running away video, which Stephanie added scary music to
- Designed a badge system for rewards
- Created an animated gif, to appear when a student fails
- Designed and photographed the header image
- Took a 360 photo of the room, and individual shots of the clues