In my Teaching Strategies for Online Blended Learning (TSOBL) course, Spring 2017, I was teamed up with a couple of talented Middle School teachers (Stephanie Flynn, and Mary Jose) for a creative term project. Our assigned theme was to either create an educational escape room, or a zombie-themed lesson. We chose to marry the two with a zombie-inspired escape room, that allows the math students to apply their learning. We used a google site to host the escape room, so that students would be able to access it from their respective classrooms. After “brainstorming” how to apply math lessons in a zombie apocalypse scenario, I went to work on getting the visuals squared away.
The final product can be viewed/used here: Brain Eaters vs. Brain Beaters.
Below you will see some of the visual elements I contributed to our project.
- Propped, staged and photographed the room and it’s artifacts
- Created a “scary” running away video, which Stephanie added scary music to
- Designed a badge system for rewards
- Created an animated gif, to appear when a student fails
- Designed and photographed the header image
- Took a 360 photo of the room, and individual shots of the clues