Zombie-themed Escape Room Math Lesson for 8th Graders
For this escape room project, I was teamed up with a couple of talented Middle School teachers: Stephanie Flynn, and Mary Jose. Together we created an educational zombie-themed escape room. The lesson allows the middle school math students to apply their learning. We used a google site to host the escape room, so that students would be able to access it from their respective classrooms. After “brainstorming” how to apply math lessons in a zombie apocalypse scenario, I went to work on getting the visuals squared away.
The final product can be viewed/used here: Brain Eaters vs. Brain Beaters.
Below you will see some of the visual elements I created for our project.
- Propped, staged, and photographed the room and its artifacts
- Created a “scary” running away video, which Stephanie added scary music to
- Designed a badge system for rewards
- Created an animated gif, to appear when a student fails
- Designed and photographed the header image
- Took a 360 photo of the room, and individual shots of the clues
This is great. I was looking for something like this for my eighth graders. I tried it out and it was a lot of fun. However, I could not figure out the clue about the color. Would love to know the answer.
Thanks for reaching out. I’ve emailed you the key and a link to the walkthru
Was looking for something fun for students to work on during an enrichment camp and came across this activity… Tried it out and found it to be fun yet challenging. I’m still working on some of the clues – Do you mind sharing the key/walkthru with me?