A free meditation this week
A beautiful guided meditation to relieve anxiety. It’s great for all levels, and I found it to be very relaxing. It’s only free this week, so here’s the overview if you find this blog post later:
- Sit on the ground in a position that’s comfortable to you. I prefer cross legged. Keep your back straight, hands resting on your knees. Keep your eyes closed.
- For five minutes, breathe in through your nose for a count of four seconds. Hold for five seconds. Then breathe out through your nose for six seconds.
- Focus on your breathing, and the sensations in your body. If your mind starts to wander, lovingly bring your thoughts back to your breathing.
- Return to breathing normally. Introducing the mantra: I am safe, I am loved, I am ok. Repeat this mantra, with relaxed breathing for one minute.
- Place your right hand over your heart and your left hand over your navel. Repeating your mantra: I am safe, I am loved, I am ok. Do this for two minutes.
- Place your hands on the floor. Feel yourself being grounded to the earth. Feel yourself being powerfully anchored to the ground beneath you. Continue this for one minute.
- Bring your palms together. Raise your hands, resting the tips of your thumbs on your forehead. Relaxed breathe. Focusing on calm and peace. Continue for one minute.
- Keeping your hands up, take three deep breathes, in through the nose for 4 seconds, hold for four seconds, out through the mouth for five seconds.
- Lower your hands to your heart, and feel yourself relieved of your anxiety. Namaste.
#FreeVideoFriday – Meditation to Relieve Anxiety Right Meow — MOJO Yoga – mymojoyoga.com